Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken with Artichokes and Sun dried tomatoes

This is an old recipe I resurrected recently when I had my sister Ellen's family over for Shabbat dinner. My brother-in-law does not like chicken on the bone so this was perfect as it uses chicken cutlets. It was a big hit...even with the kids!

Ingredients:

1/2 C red wine vinegar
1/2 C plus one T olive oil
handful of dried oregano
1/4 C fresh parsley
1 head fresh garlic pureed
salt and pepper
1 cup olives (I used a small can of sliced black ones)
3 bay leaves
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 C red wine
8 shallots
1 T margarine
1 C sun dried tomatoes
2 16 oz. cans of artichoke hearts
8 boneless chicken breasts

Preparation:

Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper, bay leaves and olives. Marinate the chicken overnight in this mixture.
Next day, transfer chicken and marinade to a baking dish and sprinkle brown sugar and red wine on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 -60 minutes.
Meanwhile slice and saute' shallots in margarine and 1 T olive oil. Pour boiling water over sun dried tomatoes and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Then drain off water and add tomatoes to pan with shallots and artichokes. Saute' another few minutes. Then pour that mixture over the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes or so.

2 comments:

  1. I made this last night. The flavors are incredible!! I like that the recipe is a little complex too. My chicken came out a little dry though. Any suggestions? I didnt marinate this overnight so Im not sure if this was the reason why...either way, Id make this again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that I bought hot/spicy olives by accident and it was really good with the sweet sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.