Saturday, April 9, 2011

Banana Crunch Cupcakes


I wanted to make banana crumble cupcakes but I didn't feel like going to the trouble to make a crumble mixture so I used some crushed up Frosted Flakes instead. 
I got the same sweet crunch with a lot less hassle.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
TOPPING:
1 cup crushed Frosted Flakes cereal

Preparation:

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine bananas, sugar, egg and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Crush Frosted Flakes and sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Linked to Sweets for Saturday
Linked to Muffin Mondays
Linked to Melt in your Mouth Mondays

9 comments:

  1. I like the idea to use Frosted Flakes! I followed you over from Sweets for a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm - another great recipe. I made these this morning. I didnt have frosted flakes so I had to make a crumble topping. They came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that these have Frosted Flakes on top. How creative!

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/05/05/homemade-coffee-creamer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were such a hit with my family I made them again this weekend. I forgot I had no butter in the house so I substiuted with oil instead. I also forgot to put an egg in. I realized after these were baking in the oven. I wasnt sure how it was going to turn out but they came out perfect and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sharon, really no egg? LOL I'm glad they were still delicious. Everyone who makes them seems to really love them. My husband asks me to make these all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the idea of using frosted corn flakes! These look and sound so good! Thanks so much for linking up at Muffin Monday! Have a great week and hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely making these for breakfast very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these sound awesome thanks for sharing they would make a great item to take along on our trip

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound delicious! I love anything banana and the frosted flakes are a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.