Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Carrot Souflee

This is a new Passover recipe that I tried this year.  I wanted to make our usual Carrot Souflee but I didn't have all the right ingredients so I found a recipe with the ingredients I did have on hand and of  course tweeked it a bit.  Everyone really loved it, especially my Dad.


Ingredients:

1 lb fresh carrots, boiled until soft
3 egg yolks
6 egg whites
1/3 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons matzoh meal
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick margarine, melted

Topping:
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts (I used sliced almonds)
Preparation:

Place carrots and egg yolks into food processor & puree. Add next 5 ingredients and process until smooth. Whip egg whites in a separate bowl and fold into carrot mixture.  Bake in greased casserole dish at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.  Meanwhile mix brown sugar, melted margarine and chopped nuts in a small bowl and set aside.  After 40 minutes remove souflee from the oven add topping and bake for 5-10 minutes more.

Can be made a day in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.