Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs


These meatballs are no joke. We grew up on this particular meatball recipe and we all still use it today (well, not Susan since she now has a kosher home). My mom never stuffed the meatballs with cheese so this was a little twist on the original. I served it recently at a Sunday dinner and everyone loved them. I think it is a must try.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 C. seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 C. parmesan cheese
1 T. parsley
1 clove garlic
1/2 C. milk
2 eggs
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese cut into small chunks

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients. Roll into balls and one at a time, flatten ball in your hand. Place a piece of cheese in center of flattened ball. Form ball around cheese and roll tight. Place in a baking dish and brown in the oven for approximately 45 minutes (cook times will vary depending on the size of your meatballs. I made very large meatballs). Remove from oven when cooked through and add to marinara sauce.

1 comment:

  1. I made these as an appetizer the other night. I only made a few so I fried them first (and put onions in them) and then baked them off in the oven. Soooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.