Friday, April 1, 2011

Chicken Quesadillas


This recipe is a great way to use left over chicken. I have now made this twice. Once I used grilled chicken and last night I used left over chicken parmigiana to make these quesadillas. Both times it came out great. I know you are thinking that left over Italian food would not work but, why not? It is just chicken with tomato sauce and cheese, basically two of the ingredients in quesadillas. The important thing is choosing the right salsa to mix up with the sliced left over chicken. I used a yummy black bean and corn salsa I found in the market. This recipe is a great fast and easy go-to dinner when I am pressed for time.

Ingredients:

left over chicken, sliced
1 jar of corn and black bean salsa (or any kind that you like)
low fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
1 avocado sliced
whole wheat flour tortillas

Preparation:



Mix sliced chicken with the salsa. Place a whole wheat tortilla in a dry non stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Sprinkle shredded cheese on tortilla. Place the chicken/salsa combo over cheese, then sliced avocado and more cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Flip when cheese is beginning to melt and tortilla is golden brown. Brown on other side, then remove from pan, slice into quarters and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.