Saturday, May 14, 2011

Award Winning Blueberry Cheesecake


 This recipe is from my mother. It has won awards. My sister Susan entered it in her Girl Scout bake-off contest and it won first place!! Hey an award is an award. Although it was actually a cherry cheesecake, not blueberry. My son Jack loves blueberry topping so, we switched it up. But you still get a very rich and creamy cheesecake. The recipe is very interesting since you bake it for a short time at a high heat and then let it sit in the turned off oven for an hour an a half to set up Of course you can make your own graham cracker crust and put it in a spring form pan but I didn't want to be bothered with all of that. I instead opted for a  prepared graham cracker pie crust since it's faster and easier.



Ingredients:

1 lb. Philadelphia cream cheese (2 8 oz blocks)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
1 can of blueberry Comstock pie filling (original recipe made with Cherry)

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees (yes, 425). In a mixer blend all ingredients. Pour into crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn off heat and open oven door slightly. Let bake for an additional 1 1/2 hours. Cover top with Comstock pie filling of your choice. Refrigerate overnight (don't skip the refrigerating step.  It needs to fully chill to be set).

Linked to Sweets for Saturday
Linked to A Themed Bakers Sunday

3 comments:

  1. counts as an award to me! i give it 3 stars myself! thanks for sharing! an awesome post, as per usual. loves it :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alyssa, I'm all linked up :)

    Megan thank you as usual for your very nice comment.

    I myself think the photography is great! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked all over web for a cheesecake recipe. I must have had 12 recipes in front of me, when I decided to try your recipe -- it looks so simple, which is the way I love things. I followed your recipe to the letter, (loved, YES, 425 degrees) and each time they came out PERFECT! The first one I did I put apple Comstock on it, then Lemon Curd, then I tried it with blueberry Comstock and at Thanksgiving since my mother is a diabetic, I made her one with artificial sugar. So I have ONLY made this 4 times in the last month. I would say it's addicting....They all came out PERFECT!!!! I love this recipe. It's the only I will use from now on and I'm looking forward to trying your other recipes. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.