Saturday, May 7, 2011

Oreo Cookie Trifle

I have been having a lot of fun making trifles lately. I made up this recipe because I didn't see anything that I liked online. Everything had cream cheese and powdered sugar in it (those ingredients will be good when I make a cheesecake trifle!!). My niece Ariel asked me to make an oreo cookie trifle for her birthday in June. I decided to try it out for my nephew Ben's birthday celebration this past week. Everyone liked it a lot. I might try it next time with chocolate cake and two layers of the vanilla pudding/oreo mixture. I guess it depends on what kind of chocolate to vanilla ratio you like in a dessert.

Ingredients:

3 sleeves of Oreo cookies, hand crushed (reserve four whole cookies for garnish)
4 vanilla pudding cups
8 chocolate pudding cups
1 16 oz tub of cool whip
1 vanilla cake, cut into cubes

Preparation:

Empty all vanilla pudding cups into a bowl and add 1 sleeve of crushed oreo cookies into pudding mix well and set aside. In the bottom of the trifle bowl make a thin layer of crushed oreo's. Then put down a layer of vanilla cake cubes. Then a layer half of the chocolate pudding (4 pudding cups). Next a layer of crushed oreo cookies and a layer of cool whip. Next layer the vanilla/oreo pudding mixture. Next another layer of yellow cake, layer of chocolate pudding and remaining cool whip on top. Sprinkle remaining crushed oreos on top of cool whip and place four whole oreos in a decorative pattern. Chill for a few hours or overnight.

7 comments:

  1. You've got a great blog with super recipes. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your nice comment. We are so happy to have you as a follower!!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super. i loves me some trifle! thanks so much for sharing, love you and your blog :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know you never actually made this for my birthday....i guess you owe me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Ari...that is because it is dairy and we are always having meat meals at your house. The next dairy meal we have....I will 100% make this for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mouth watering picture! Such an easy and quick recipe. Can't wait to make this for my party next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saludos a las hermanas que preparan delicias irresistible,un triffle tentadpr,hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.