Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Chicken Salad with Herbs and Carrots

This was one of those times that I wanted to make a quick lunch and just pulled out whatever fresh ingredients that I had along with some herbs from my garden (well my big pot on the deck with fresh herbs).  This came out so delicious that it will definitely be a new favorite at my house.  My kids absolutely LOVED it.

Ingredients:

3 cups shredded white meat chicken (I used the breast from a rotisserie chicken)
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
1 Tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
1 Tablespoon chopped chives
1 Tablespoon chopped dill (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill)
1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup light mayonnaise

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients until combined well.  Can be made ahead and served cold or room temperature.


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and has been browsing around. Love your creative and easy recipes. I just became your newest follower and hope you'll have time to check out my blog and follow back if you like. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Thank you for your very nice comments. I've been a follower of your blog for awhile now....love your blog!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.