Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

And the birthday celebration continues.  Since I had Charlotte's 4th Birthday Party 10 days before her actual birthday I still needed to make cupcakes for her school parties.  I haven't made these cupcakes in long time but I knew they would be a big hit with the 4 year olds (and the adults too).  Everyone LOVED them!

Ingredients:

1 box of white cake mix
Red food dye
Yellow food dye
Green food dye
Purple food dye
Blue food dye
1 tub of white frosting
Rainbow sprinkles

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare cake mix according to package directions.  Separate prepared cake batter into 5 separate bowls.  Add one color of food dye to each bowl.  Use enough dye to make the colors fairly dark so they will bake up nice and vibrant.  (Gel food dye works the best).  Mix food dye into cake batter until combined well and the color is nice and bright.  Add more food color if nessary to get your desired color.  Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners.  Starting with the blue cake batter spoon one tablespoon into the bottom of the liner.  Next add one tablespoon of the purple batter on top of the blue, next add one tablespoon green on top of the purple.  Do the same with the yellow and then red.  The liners should be filled at least halfway.  If you want just a tie dyed effect you can add the colored batter in any order and any fashion.  If you don't mix it together the colors will bake up separate.  Bake cupcakes according to box directions.  Cool completely before frosting/decorating.

Linked to Sweets for Saturday
Linked to Sweet Tooth Friday
Linked to Made it on Monday
Linked to This Chick Cooks

7 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look so pretty and I am sure would be very tasty. Thanks for sharing and have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower here! :)

    These are so FUN!
    Come join in on Made it on Monday...a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    *Link ups are open WED.-SAT.*
    I hope you will join in on the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! this looks great! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Lark and Nilkki. We are so happy to have you as our newest followers! Can't wait to check out your blogs, thanks for the invite.

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun are these?? Great job :) I'd love for you to link up to my sweet treats party this weekend! Hope to see you there :)
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your cupcakes linked up somewhere, I can't remember exactly where but they caught my eye! So colorful and fun! I looked around your blog and you've got several recipes I wanna try... like those goat cheese rosemary crackers, and a couple of your trifles. I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.