Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Vegetable Panini


My kids love paninis and they finally convinced me to buy a Panini press. This is our go to meal when we need something quick and easy. There are so many endless combinations of different fillings to use, this is one my son Aaron made up.

Ingredients:

ciabatta bread
prepared pesto
sun dried tomatoes 3-4
2-3 slices fresh mozzarella
2-3 slices fontina cheese
small handful baby spinach or arugula
a few slices of portabello mushrooms

Preparation:

Split the ciabatta bread and spread both sides with prepared pesto. Layer the rest of the ingredients on the bread and close the sandwich and place on hot panini press until bread is crisp and cheese is melted.

4 comments:

  1. I love paninis. This is such a healthful alternatives. I definitely wanna try it soon. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is surely getting made with all my fresh garden veggies! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has made me decide that I am putting a panini press on my bridal registry. Hope I get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im a huge fan of the panini dinner......my panini press was one the best purchases I ever made......

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.