Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Banana Crumb Snack Cake


This is the first recipe I made trying to use up all the overripe bananas I have in my freezer.  This recipe was suggested by Julie of Julie's Eats and Treats and as soon as I saw the recipe I knew I wanted to make this first.  It looked so delicious and it really is.  YUM, YUM YUM!


 Ingredients

2/3 C. Slivered Almonds
1/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
2/3 C. Butter, softened
1 1/2 C. Sugar (I think you can definitely cut at least 1/2-3/4 cup a sugar out...it's very sweet)
2 Eggs
3/4 tsp Almond Extract
3 C. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 C. Mashed Ripe Bananas (3-4 Bananas)
1 C. (8 oz) Sour Cream (I used Fat Free sour cream)
1 C. Vanilla or White Chips (I used Ghiradelli white chocolate chips)

1. In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.

3. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream. Fold in white chocolate or vanilla chips.

4. Spread into a greased 13x9x2 in baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. (mine took almost an hour to cook in the middle so you definitely have to start checking the center of the cake with a toothpick after 38-40 min, then bake in additional 5 minute increments until the center of the cake is baked through)

Linked to Sweet Treats Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish I would have seen this recipe last week. I had bananas to use up and I made plain old banana bread.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.