Saturday, August 20, 2011

Heirloom Tomato and Avocado Salad

I really love tomoatoes but I especially love heirloom tomoatoes.  I think they are so pretty and I love how they all have a different level of acidity and flavor. This is a super light summer salad that is a perfect side dish for a quick dinner.  We served this along grilled hamburgers so dinner was ready in about 20 minutes from start to finish.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 - 2 cups heirloom cherry tomoatoes sliced in half
1 avocado cubed
1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
6 basil leaves chiffonade 

Preparation:

Place tomoatoes and avocado in a bowl.  Mix vinegar, oil and soy sauce in a small bowl and pour over tomoatoes and avocado.  Sprinke with chiffonade of basil and toss to coat.


5 comments:

  1. All the tomatoes make this so colorful. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one avocado looking for a home and I think this salad is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and refreshing! Thanks for sharing this recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.