Monday, September 12, 2011

Banana Cinnamon Chip Blondie Bars


Banana recipe #5 and if you can believe it I'm not sick of bananas yet.  I found these blondie bars searching around for recipes using bananas (of course) and cinnamon chips which I just saw in my super market and I was dying to try.  This recipe looked and sounded too good not to try and I was right!!  These are AMAZING.  They are super moist and the tops get crispy and chewy.  The bananas and the cinnamon are a perfect combination!  I found this recipe on Erin's Food Files.  Please take a minute to visit her blog....she has a lot of really nice recipes posted.

Ingredients:

6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup banana puree
1 cup whole wheat flour (the recipe  called for white whole wheat but I substituted regular whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cinnamon chips
*you can also add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, I omitted this ingredient

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 baking dish. Cream butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and beat until combined and batter is smooth. Stir in banana puree & vanilla. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet until just combined.
Add cinnamon chips and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares. If you do not let cool completely they will fall apart when you try to get them out of the pan.  Try to resist!
Linked to Seasonal Inspiration by Crumbs and Chaos
Linked to Sweet Indulgences Sunday

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect banana dessert. I can't wait to try it!

    I host a linky party (Crazy Sweet Tuesdays) and hope you can join sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look and sound amazing! I've got some cinnamon chips in my pantry now that need to be used. I'll definitely add these to my to-do list. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.