Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Classic Deviled Eggs

I never made deviled eggs before.  I always thought it was sort of old fashioned and pase' but I think I was wrong.  Deviled Eggs are a "classic" appetizer not old fashioned.  For my first try I just made very simple, straight up "classic" deviled eggs and I served them as one of the appetizers for a small family dinner I had last week at my house.  These little eggs were GONE in minutes!  This is also a very quick, easy appetizer to make if you need something last minute especially since most people always have eggs, mayo and some type of white vinegar on hand.  I can't wait to experiment and see what other types of deviled egg recipes I can come up with.

Ingredients:

6 hardboiled eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (you can really use any type of white vinegar)
salt, pepper, paprika, chives to taste

Preparation:'

Split hard boiled eggs in half and carefully remove yolks and place in a small bowl.  To the yolks add mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper.  Mix with a fork until very well blended.  Put yolk mixture into a pastry bag with a round or star tip (or just use a ziploc bag and snip a small amount off of one corner).  Pipe about 1-2 tablespoons of egg yolk mixture into each egg shell.  Once all the eggs are filled with the yolk mixture sprinkle the tops with paprika and some chives.  You can make these several hours in advance and chilll them in the refrigerator utnil ready to serve. 


3 comments:

  1. I love deviled eggs. When my cousin was little, she never understood why we called them deviled eggs; we have them at every family gathering. So she started calling them angel eggs. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs look very pretty and sound good! I have some recipes that are way more complicated, I like the simplicity of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful deviled eggs! They have always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.