Friday, December 30, 2011

What's for Shabbat Dinner? Roasted Popcorn Cauliflower


This is a great Susie Fishbein recipe for roasted cauliflower. The combination of spices really jazzes up the cauliflower. If I have broccoli in my fridge I will throw that in with the cauliflower and it is delicious.

Ingredients:

2 heads cauliflower, cut into medium sized florets, discard stems.
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric
6-8 T olive oil

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan or baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, and oil. Add cauliflower florets and toss evenly to coat.
Place in a single layer on the prepared sheet.
Roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes, until the largest pieces can be pierced with a fork.

9 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful. I love the spice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I love roasted cauliflower, and that spice combo sounds awesome!

    http://chicgeekery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this recipe. We make a fried version, and I'd rather bake it. I am now following you and have subscribed by email. I would love it if you visited my blog and followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does it have popcorn in the name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called popcorn cauliflower because of the color. It looks like buttered popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just took my pan of popcorn cauliflower out of the oven and my son (13) tasted a piece on his way out to shul. He said it was "insanely delicious"!! Thanks... this recipe's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi I am researching this dish for school; what vitamins and minerals are in this delicious recipie?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to write this

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.